Preparation time 15mCooking time 1h
For 6 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grace Margarine
- 3 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig(s) thyme, chopped
- 1/2 medium scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cup(s) Grace Coconut Milk
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 packet(s) Grace Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
- 4 ounce(s) Anchor Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 ounce(s) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
Turn Cornmeal with a Difference Directions
- In a heavy bottom saucepan melt Grace Hello Margarine, add chopped escallion, onion, garlic, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Grace Coconut Milk and 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Combine Grace Cornmeal, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water to cornmeal mixture and mix to soften.
- Scrape cornmeal mixture into boiling coconut milk mixture and stir constantly to avoid lumping.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a low flame while stirring constantly.
- Scrape into a greased 3 quart casserole and top with shredded cheese, breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 30 minutes.
Recipe Note: 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix may also be added right after the Grace Coconut Milk.